1. Background The issue of the protection of airline passengers has been an international priority ever since air travel has become the fastest and safest way to travel long distances. While the Warsaw Convention of October 12, 1929 was the… Read moreEU Law: Are airline passengers consumers?
One of the major changes pursued in the data protection field has been the harmonisation of the legislative framework across the European Union (the “EU”), target achieved by the enactment of the Regulation (EU) 679/2016 on the protection of natural… Read moreKey takeaways from the practice of Romanian Data Protection Authority
1. Background Regulation (EU) 2015/2120 of the European Parliament and of the Council laying down measures concerning open internet access and amending Directive 2002/22/EC on universal service and users’ rights relating to electronic communications networks and services and Regulation… Read moreNet neutrality in the context of the new pandemic
1. General context In the context of constant evolution of regulations in the aviation field at European level, Romania enacted Law no. 21/2020 regarding the New Airline Code on March 19, 2020 (“New Airline Code”). The New Airline Code is… Read moreOverviews of the new Airline Code
1. Background Pursuant to Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such… Read moreShould the controller reassess the relationship with its processor in the context of this new pandemic?
1. The general and legal context In view of the evolution of the international epidemiological situation caused by the spread of Coronavirus, which determined the pandemic declared by the World Health Organization, on March 11, 2020, the Decree no. 195/2020… Read moreThe implications of the measures related to the state of emergency in the insolvency procedure
1. Background In a world where air travel is becoming more frequent and affordable, Regulation (EC) no. 261/2004 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 11 February 2004 establishing common rules on compensation and assistance to passengers in… Read moreLitigation: The importance of the Court of Justice of the European Union Practice in Ensuring Passenger Rights in Accordance with Regulation 261/2004
1. Background Law no. 129/2019 for the prevention and combating of money laundering and terrorism financing, and for the amendment and supplementation of certain legislative acts (“Law 129/2019”) requires Romanian companies subject to registration with the Romanian Trade Registry (with… Read moreRomania: corporate statements regarding ultimate beneficial owner(s)
1. Background The way technology is used has changed significantly in the past decade and continues to change at a rapid pace, disrupting the way people interact both within the private and the public sector. Advances in technology make possible… Read moreDigitalization, a high priority for Europe’s future – the European Commission showcases its new digital and AI strategy
1. Background In November 2019, the newly-appointed Romanian government decided to operate certain operational changes. As a result of the reorganisation, the Ministry of Transport was merged with the Ministry of Communications and Information Society, becoming the Ministry of Transport,… Read moreRomanian Digitalization Agenda – the Government takes one step forward by setting up the Authority for the Digitalization of Romania