1. The context Recently, Law no. 146/2021 regarding electronic surveillance within judicial and executional criminal proceedings (“Law no. 146/2021”) was published in the Official Gazette of Romania, for the first time regulating the use of electronic monitoring devices in Romania…. Read moreLegal updates: Electronic surveillance for the purpose of enforcing freedom restricting sanctions
1. Background Given the importance of human rights in general and children rights in particular, the European Union (the “EU”) has considered that the international treaties do not offer an adequate level of protection of minors during criminal trials, and… Read moreUpdates of The Romanian Criminal Procedure Law – The procedural safeguard of children
1. Background As a part of European Union (”EU”), Romania regularly updates its legislation to reflect the direction provided by the European legal framework. One field of primary importance which is ever-changing is that of cross-border organized crime. Given the… Read moreUpdates of the Romanian Criminal Law in accordance with relevant EU Law Provisions
1. Background As the recent pandemic showed, the modern world fully relies on the good functioning of the electronic communication sector. Communication plays an important part these days for individuals, businesses, public authorities, and the implementation of 5G technology will… Read moreWhen 5G regulations affect mobile operators. Legal remedies under the national Law And the European Convention on Human Rights
1. Background The issue of the protection of airline passengers has been an international priority ever since air travel has become the fastest and safest way to travel long distances. While the Warsaw Convention of October 12, 1929 was the… Read moreEU Law: Are airline passengers consumers?
1. Background In a world where air travel is becoming more frequent and affordable, Regulation (EC) no. 261/2004 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 11 February 2004 establishing common rules on compensation and assistance to passengers in… Read moreLitigation: The importance of the Court of Justice of the European Union Practice in Ensuring Passenger Rights in Accordance with Regulation 261/2004