In the Official Gazette of Romania, Part I, No. 411 / 10.06.2015 it was published the Order No. 679 / 26.05.2015 amending the Methodological Norms regarding the activity for the compliance with the periods of driving, breaks and rest periods for drivers and for the use of the equipment recording their activity, as they have been approved by the Ministry of Transport No.1058 / 2007.
According to the new rules, which have entered into force upon publication in the Official Gazette, i.e. 10.06.2015, it is clarified the applicability of the Methodological Norms regarding the control of the compliance with:
- the driving periods;
- the breaks and the rest periods for drivers; and
- the use of the equipment recoding their activity (analogue tachographs or digital tachographs).
The changes of the methodological norms apply to drivers and road transport operators / road transport companies on their own account performing road transport with vehicles having a maximum laden weight, including trailers and semi-trailers, greater than 3.5 tones or a capacity of more than 9 seats, including the driver’s seat.
Regarding the control activity, this can be carried out in traffic, in the points where stopping, standing or parking on the public road is permitted, under the laws in force, in the points of embarkation and disembarkation of passengers, in the State border crossing points, in the adjacent areas thereof and at the premises of the road transport operators / road transport companies on their own account.
The Order also amends:
- the main duties of the State Inspectorate for Control of Road Transport;
- the documents that must be produced, upon request of the personnel with control duties, by the driver who drives a vehicle equipped with an analogue or digital tachograph;
- the provisions related to the form of control in traffic;
- the methods used to make such controls and the analysis of the records collected;
- the possibility to perform such controls at the premises of the road transport companies on their own account/road transport operators when during controls were found violations of the law; and
- the provisions relating to the ascertainment of the offences and applicable penalties.
LEGAL ALERT by Duncea, Stefanescu & Associates
Member of MARCALLIANCE: www.marcalliance.com
Legal Alert contains a selection of the latest major issues occurred in the Romanian legislative framework, is intended only to provide information and, hence, shall not be deemed to provide professional advice or consultancy. Therefore, Duncea, Stefanescu & Associates assumes no responsibility in this respect. Should you require any information RELATED to the foregoing, please do not hesitate to contact us.
If you wish to get free subscription to our newsletters, please send a message to firstname.lastname@example.org, specifying your full name and title, as well as the name of your company