Application Deadline: 13 February 2015
Bucharest, February 3, 2015. Companies specialized in clean technologies are invited for a one-week business mission to Singapore and Vietnam during the EU Business Avenues program funded and managed by the European Commission.
The business trip will take place between 15 and 19 June 2015 and the application deadline is 13 February 2015. During the program, participants will benefit from real-time market information and coaching as well as tailored business matchmaking and networking with counterparts in Singapore and Vietnam.
Main focus areas in Singapore range from overall water solutions to waste management, air pollution control and recycling while there is a pressing focus on clean water and waste management in Vietnam. Secondary focus lies on renewable energies, for both Singapore and Vietnam, and smart grids and energy efficiency for Singapore only.
- Companies should be in business for five years and be able to demonstrate three years of financial figures
- Have entire or majority EU ownership, be located and have main activities in the EU
- Be active and operational in Water Technology, Environment, Renewable Energy or Energy Efficiency, either as a producer, a sub-contractor or as an R&D or engineering company with its own technology
- Proven track record of international business cooperation
- Proven interest in developing business in South East Asian markets
- Have a sufficient turnover and number of employees to enter South East Asian markets successfully
The program covers 80% of the customized services up to 1,600 EUR and financial support for accommodation worth up to 1,000 EUR.
Interested companies may apply directly on the campaign’s web site www.businessavenues.eu. Registration is free.
About EU Business Avenues:
EU Business Avenues is a pilot-program expanding the EU Gateway initiative to new markets following its continued success in Japan and South Korea since 1994. It focuses on South East Asia, particularly Singapore, Malaysia and Vietnam, where economic growth is strong, and uses Singapore as a hub. The program complements ongoing Trade negotiations between the EU and South East Asian countries and aims to capitalize on the recently initialed EU Free Trade Agreement (FTA) with Singapore, which is expected to enter into force towards the end of 2014, as well as EU trade negotiations with Malaysia and Vietnam.
Information on the new EU Business Avenues Program can be found on the campaign’s website: www.businessavenues.eu. Further information can be obtained by contacting Andreea Posirca via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or Jakub Kedziora at email@example.com. Program operators in the Member States are available to provide companies with more detailed information about the program and the individual EU Business Avenues sector events.