In the Romanian Official Gazette, Part I, no. 574 dated August 1, 2014 it was published Law no. 121/2014 on energy efficiency.
The law’s purpose is to create the legal framework for the development and implementation of national policy on energy efficiency in order to achieve the national target for increasing energy efficiency.
By the year 2020 shall be fixed a national indicative target of reducing energy consumption by 19%.
In order to enforce the new dispositions, it is established within the the National Regulatory Authority for Energy, by order of the President of ANRE, the Energy Efficiency Department.
To mobilize investment in renovating residential and commercial buildings, both public and private, the law establishes a long-term strategy development, focusing mainly on the increment of the energy performance of buildings.
The new law establishes the adoption, between January 1, 2014 and December 31, 2020, of energy efficiency policy measures aimed at achieving energy savings of 1.5& each year from the total amount of annual sales from energy to the consumers of all energy distributors or all providers, taken as volume, calculated as an average over the 3 years immediately prior to January 1, 2013.
Energy policy measures relate mainly to:
– achieving independent energy audits;
– training energy auditors;
– training and education, including consumer advice programs that lead to the application of technology or techniques for energy efficiency and have the effect of reducing energy end-use;
– standards and rules aimed at improving energy efficiency products and services, including buildings and vehicles;
– energy labeling schemes;
– regulations or voluntary agreements that lead to the application of technology or techniques for energy efficiency;
– Supporting the development of energy efficiency service ESCO companies ;
– Establishment of a special fund for investments in energy efficiency;
– Systems and tools for financing or tax incentives that lead to the application of technology or techniques for energy efficiency etc.
:: The source: JURIDICE.ro