Muşat & Asociaţii continues to dominate the IFLR 1000 ranking, holding the lead in all areas of practice subject to review – Banking & Capital Markets, Mergers & Acquisitions and Project Finance.
“The first position in the 2014 IFLR ranking is an acknowledgment of Muşat & Asociaţii’s professional achievements in the last year, reached as a result of its involvement in prominent projects and transactions which were successfully completed. In an economic environment that remains challenging, where investors are still cautious in terms of financial resource allocation and the banking system experiences the effects of the crisis, our client portfolio increased by an average of 25-30%. Muşat & Asociaţii has thus remained a leading player on the Romanian business law market”, said Mona Muşat, Managing Partner, Muşat & Asociaţii.
In addition, Gheorghe Muşat (Senior Partner), Mona Muşat (Managing Partner) and Miruna Suciu (Partner) are recommended by IFLR 1000 as “leading lawyers” in the researched areas of practice, based on the projects they managed, but also on the feed-back received from our clients.
The International Financial Law Review 1000 (IFLR), the international legal guide specializing in the analysis of law firms’ performances, in the Finance & Banking, Mergers & Acquisitions and Capital Markets sectors, provides rankings for over 120 jurisdictions worldwide, among which Romania, based on projects managed by law firms in the past 12 months, as well as on recognition from their clients. The selection criteria underlying the study are: quality of legal advice, innovative approach to legal projects, complexity of projects and of the legal assistance provided, as well as experience of attorneys.
In the 2014 rankings, recently published by IFLR for Romania, there are two law firms, one of which is Muşat & Asociaţii that hold the top position in all areas of practice.
Mușat & Asociaţii continued to work, in 2013, in some of the highest-profile transactions conducted on the Romanian market. The reference projects include:
– legal assistance to the Ministry of Economy in the sale of a 10% stock of the shares in Nuclearelectrica, successfully closed at the end of September (transaction value: over EUR 63 million);
– legal advice granted to the Romanian Government/Ministry of Economy in relation to the public offer for the sale of 15% shares in Transgaz, a transaction successfully closed in April 2013 (transaction value of more than EUR 70 million) and Transelectrica (transaction value of EUR 37 million), respectively
– legal assistance for Sterling Resources, one of the world leading oil and gas companies, in connection with a loan facility of GBP 105 million, granted by a consortium of banks led by BNP PARIBAS;
– legal assistance provided to the Ministry of Transportation and Infrastructure in the privatization of the Romanian Railway Freight Company CFR Marfa (transaction value: EUR 200 million);
– assistance to China Development Bank in financing amounting to more than EUR 80 million necessary for the development of a 35 MW photovoltaic park in Romania;
– legal assistance to Sterling Resources during negotiations and execution of the agreement for the transfer of its interests in various oil areas in the Black Sea;
– representing Abbot Laboratories USA (one of the leading medical companies worldwide) in structuring and implementing the spin-off of its Romanian division, into two companies specializing in the production of medicinal products and research in the pharma sector;
– Enel Green Power in the acquisition of 5 photovoltaic power projects, a project successfully completed in March 2013.
About MUŞAT & ASOCIAŢII
MUŞAT & ASOCIAŢII is one of the first law firms established in Romania after January 1, 1990. With 17 partners and over 100 attorneys and advisors, MUŞAT & ASOCIAŢII provides consultancy services in all areas of business law, including Mergers & Acquisitions, Privatization, Banking, Energy & Natural Resources, Competition, Corporate, Telecommunications & IT, Labor, Fiscal, Capital Markets, Real Estate, Environmental, Litigations & Commercial Arbitrations.
Renowned as one of the pillars of business law in Romania, MUŞAT & ASOCIAŢII is constantly recommended by foreign legal publications (such as Chambers & Partners, Practical Law Company, International Financial Law Review, Legal 500 etc.) as one of the leading law firms, many of its attorneys being, in their turn, nominated by these publications among the elite of business law in Romania.
In april 2013, Muşat & Asociaţii won the „The Law Firm of the Year in Romania” award during the IFLR European Awards ceremony, held in London, in the presence of more than 200 representatives of the leading European law firms. This is the second time in the past three years that Muşat & Asociaţii is granted this prestigious award, after the distinction received in 2011, when Romania was included for the first time on the list of countries nominated for the International Financial Law Review (IFLR) awards.
In 2012, MUŞAT & ASOCIAŢII won the Gold Award for “Best Law Firm in Central and Eastern Europe”, an accolade awarded by the 2012 International Legal Alliance Summit & Awards, for excellent results obtained on the Romanian market by the MUŞAT & ASOCIAŢII team, both with regard to the mandates portfolio in the Mergers & Acquisitions area of practice, and to the management strategy adopted.
Furthermore, the renowned publication Chambers Europe awarded the trophy “Romanian Law Firm of the Year” to MUŞAT & ASOCIAŢII for being the law firm with the best performance in the course of last year in Romania, in the ceremony “Chambers Europe Awards for Excellence 2011”.
MUSAT & ASOCIATII regularly provides legal consultancy services to some of the most renowned and valued corporations in Romania, including a third of the Top 100 and half of the Top 500 largest companies, as well as to local public and financial institutions in intricate corporate and financial transactions and complex dispute resolution procedures. The company’s portfolio comprises over 2,500 clients, most of which are foreign investors, such as: Enel SpA, GDF Suez, Rompetrol, Colas, European Investment Bank, RBS (Royal Bank of Scotland), ING Bank, Fortis Bank, KBC Bank, Raiffeisen Bank, Banca Transilvania, BNP Paribas, OTP Bank, Eli Lilly, GlaxoSmithKline, Novartis, Roche, Abbot, General Electric, General Motors, Microsoft, Intel, Oracle, Google, AON, Amazon.com, AT&T, Nokia, Alcatel – Lucent, Telecom Italia, Thyssen Krupp, Generali, AFI Europe, Electrolux, Caterpillar, Monsanto, Deutsche Bahn, SAB Miller, etc.