Monitorul Oficial al României, Part I, no. 405/5 July 2013 has published the Law no. 185/2013, regarding placement and authorisation of means of advertising.
The Law no. 185 establishes the legal framework for the placement of means of advertising in various areas, inclusive of public roads in Romania, being applicable to central and local public administration authorities as well as to all natural and legal entities involved in advertising.
This Law regulates particularly the following:
– methodology for the approval of works necessary for the placement of means of advertising;
– establishment of advertising areas;
– placement of the means of advertising;
– types of advertising:
– display of signs
– placement of advertising boards and panels, as well as of advertising LED screens and digital signage
– placement of mobile ad panels
– use of urban furniture as advertising support
– placement of advertising banners
– placement of advertising meshes
– placement of advertising sign vectors
– temporary advertising and special advertising projects
– placement of posters and advertisements
– advertising on vehicles and means of public transport;
– penalties applicable for failure to observe the provisions of Law no. 185, that may amount to a maximum of 50,000 RON, to which other penalties may add for the infringement of the legal provisions regarding authorisation of construction, urban development and physical planning.
According to the Law no. 185, procedures for public auction of advertising sites shall commence within 30 days of the date on which such sites have been identified on the public and private domain of local authorities, following the measures to be undertaken on the strength of art. 54 of this Law.
The means of advertising authorised until Law no. 185 has come into full force and effect may be maintained on the authorised sites until the expiry date of the ongoing advertising contracts, but not later than 1 January 2014, provided that certain conditions are met.
The Law no. 185 becomes effective as of this 8th day of July 2013.
LEGAL ALERT by Duncea, Stefanescu & Associates/MAZARS
* You may find Romanian, German and French versions of the newsletter in Mazars’ archive.
* LEGAL ALERT contains a selection of the latest major issues occurred in the Romanian legislative framework, is intended only to provide information and, hence, shall not be deemed to provide professional advice or consultancy. Therefore, we assume no responsibility in this respect.