In the Official Gazette of Romania, part 1, no. 251 of 30 April 2013 was published Government Emergency Ordinance no. 36/ 2013 regarding implementation in 2013-2018 of some measures of social security for dismissed persons by collective redundancies based on dismissal plans.
The Emergency Ordinance regulates measures of social security that dismissed persons benefit of, from national companies, autonomus administrations, companies and state-owned enterprises,
National institutes for research and developement, companies and autonomus administrations subordinated to authorities of public administration.
Completing monthly income is set at same time with the unemployment benefit and is equal to the difference between the average individual net earnings for the last 3 months prior to dismissal, based on the clauses of the individual employment contract, but no more than the average net earnings from January when dismissal was made, communicated by the National Institute of Statistics, and the level of unemployment benefit.
Dismissed people have the following rights:
– unemployment benefits established according to legal regulations
– completing monthly income
– compensation payments given by economic operators from income and expenditure budgets, in conformity with provisions of collective or individual employment contracts.
The supplementing income is monthly granted on periods established differentiated according to accumulated service of dismissed persons, as follows:
– 12 months for persons who have an accumulated service between 3 years to 10 years.
– 20 months for persons who have an accumulated service between 10 years to 15 years
– 22 months for employees who have an accumulated service between 15 years to 25 years.
– 24 months for employees who have an accumulated service of at least 25 years.
The Emergency Ordinance shall apply until 31 December 2013, for persons who were dismissed by collective redundancies by the economic operators provided in the normative act.
Persons who are getting back into work benefit 50% from completion monthly income in following circumstances:
– If in the period of granting the supplementing income, persons who are employees at others economic operators than those who dismissed them, benefit of payments untill the deadline previously mentioned, according to suspension or termination of unemployment benefit payment.
– If in the period of granting the supplementing income, persons who are employees at others economic operators than those who dismissed them, benefit of payments untill the deadline previously mentioned, if at the date of employment economic operators have no longer capital state-owned.
>> The source: JURIDICE.ro