Law no. 11/2022 for the approval of the Government Emergency Ordinance no. 104/2021 on the establishment of the National Directorate of Cyber Security is published in the Official Gazette, Part I no. 25 of January 7, 2022.
- DNSC has responsibilities regarding the cyber security of the national civil cyberspace, component of the national security;
- DNSC fulfills the attributions of the competent cyber security authority at national level for the providers of hosting services, cloud type services and the providers of content distribution networks;
- the introduction of provisions regarding the payment of the nominated personnel in the project teams financed by programs, instruments, mechanisms, European or international funds in which DNSC participates;
According to this law, the Ministry of Education in collaboration with the Ministry of Environment, Waters and Forests shall develop a strategy on environmental education by December 31, 2021.
The strategy will be transposed into the framework plans for primary and secondary education starting with the school year 2022-2023.
On Monday, 10 January 2022, the European Commission announced an open public consultation on the forthcoming European Law on Freedom of the Media, a benchmark initiative announced by President Ursula von der Leyen in her 2021 State of the Union Address on Pluralism and the independence of the media in the internal market of the European Union.
Order no. 2/2022 for the amendment of the Regulation on the organisation and functioning of the General Anticorruption Directorate, approved by the Order of the Minister of Internal Affairs no. 158/2017 is published in the Official Gazette, Part I no. 34 of January 12, 2022.
Thus, the amendments brought by this Order aim at:
- direct subordination to the Director General of some structures in the composition of the DGA’s own apparatus (Special Service, European Affairs and International Relations Service and Project Implementation Unit);
- the possibility for the Director-General to establish in the competence of the Deputy Directors-General, by order, coordination tasks for the structures of the DGA’s own apparatus.
The Special Report no. 1/2022 – EU support for the rule of law in the Western Balkans: Despite efforts, fundamental issues persist is published in the Official Journal of the European Union no. C-14I of January 12, 2022. The European Court of Auditors recommends that the European Commission strengthen the mechanism for promoting reforms of the rule of law, increase support for civil society organisations and the independent media, increase the use of conditionality and strengthen project monitoring and reporting.