Popovici Nițu Stoica & Asociații assisted its long-standing client Voestalpine, Austrian leading technology company, on the acquisition of a 60% stake in Travertec Buzău, a company owned by German PCM RAIL.ONE and the sole producer of turnout sleepers in Romania.
Concrete sleeper factory of Travertec Buzău (Photo: PCM RAIL.ONE AG).
PNSA team led by Deputy Managing Partner Bogdan C. Stoica, along with Managing Associate Andreea Hulub, also included Partner Mihaela Ion, Managing Associate Ioana Dumitru, Senior Associate Laura Ambrozie, as well as Associates Casiana Pînzariu, Claudia Salomia and Vanessa Nistor. The tax assistance was provided by Mihaela Pohaci, Partner with PNSA Tax SRL, and Raluca Rusu, Senior Tax Manager.
PNSA also advised Voestalpine on the acquisition of the Romanian Coating plant from Barum Technik at the end of last year.
Other significant M&A transactions advised by PNSA in the last 12 months:
- WDP on the acquisition of Dunca Logistics Centre and CTPark Cluj I;
- Ameropa on the acquisition of Sărulești agricultural base;
- Medicover on the acquisition of Phoenix Medical Center;
- Dedeman on the acquisition of The Bridge;
- Medicover on the acquisition of Academica Medical Centers;
- Dedeman on the acquisition of Cemacon and Cemacon Real Estate;
- Oresa Ventures on the sale of Fabryo to AkzoNobel;
- Farmexim and Help Net on the sale to Phoenix;
- Ameropa on the acquisition of 40% of the shares of agribusiness companies
- Promat Comimpex and Agroind Cauaceu;
- Medicover on the acquisition of Pelican Hospital;
- Xella on the acquisition of Macon Group;
- Voestalpine on the acquisition of the coating business from Barum Technik;
- Auchan on the acquisition of OK Supermarket network.