Romanian Legal Week: March 6-12, 2017

Raluca-Andreea Trîncă-Găvan

Raluca-Andreea
Trîncă-Găvan

Amendments on the measures for reducing the seismic risk of the existing buildings. Draft
On Monday, the 6th of March 2017, The Ministry for Regional development, Public Administration and European Funds has launched in public debate the draft of the Law for the amendment and completion of the Government Ordinance no. 20/1994 on the measures for reducing the risk seismic activities.

:: Draft
:: Substantiation note

BVB. Romania, the sixth highest growth in the world this year for the stock exchange market
On Monday, the 6th of March, 2017, the Bucharest Stock Exchange announced that the most traded shares listed on the stock exchange included in the BET index, recorded increases of 13%, and the RON advancement is comparable to that of the USD due to the stability of national currency, according to a statement.

Thus, Romania ranks in the sixth place, among the 50 largest economies in the world, including countries such as Argentina, Poland, and Brazil. 

Eurostat study. 41% of the managers from Romania are women 
On Wednesday, the 8th of March, 2017, the European Commission informed that, according to Eurostat, in Europe, almost 7.3 million people have leading positions in companies with 10 or more employees, and, among these, 4.7 million are men (65% of managers) and the remaining 2.6 million managers are women (35%), according to a press release.

Romania ranks in the first places among EU Member States regarding the number of women occupying management positions. Also, Romania, with a difference of only 5% between the total annual revenues obtained between women, and the total annual revenues obtained by men, has the smallest pay gap between the sexes in the EU, in terms of leadership positions. 

PwC. Romania has significant potential in the agricultural sector, but faces a very low productivity 
On Tuesday, the 7th of March, 2017, PwC Romania announced that Romania is one of the European countries with the highest potential in the agricultural sector, having the 6th largest utilised agricultural area of the EU countries, but faces a very low yield of agricultural production, due to several factors, according to a study. Thus, at the level reached in 2013, Romania had a utilised agricultural area of 13.9 million hectares, after France (29 mln. Ha), Spain (23.6 mln. Ha), UK (17.3 mln. Ha ), Germany (16.7 mln. ha) and Poland (14.4 mln. ha), but higher than the one possessed by Italy (13.1 mln. ha), Hungary (5.3 mln. ha), or Bulgaria (5.1 mln. ha). 60% of the used agricultural area of Romania (8.2 mln. Ha) is represented by the arable land, and about two thirds of this area is used for cereal crops. As such, Romania is one of the 10 largest grain exporters in the world (9th place in world exports of wheat and the 6th place in the word regarding the corn exports). Although most of the cultivated land is used for cereals, it generates less than 25% from the total agricultural production (14.2 billion euros in 2015).

Update of the inventory value of the goods from the state’s public domain and under the administration of the Economy Ministry. Draft
On Thursday, the 9th of March 2017, The Ministry of Economy has launched in public debate the draft of the Government Decision regarding the update of the inventory value of the goods from the state’s public domain and under the administration of the Ministry of Economy, as well as of the units which lie under its coordination and subordination.

:: Draft
:: Substantiation Note
:: Annex   

Raluca-Andreea TRÎNCĂ-GĂVAN