Bucharest, 01 February 2016 – Noerr has clearly consolidated its top position in the German market for mergers and acquisitions in 2015. This is shown by the current rankings published by the leading financial news services Mergermarket, Bloomberg and Thomson Reuters.
In the ranking (by number of deals) published by the news service Mergermarket, Noerr moved up five places and, now ranked second, holds a top position in the German market. According to Mergermarket’s statistics, Noerr’s M&A specialists advised on a total of 52 transactions last year. In the ranking published by Bloomberg, Noerr – as in the previous year – was ranked fourth and therefore again in the top 5. Thomson Reuters ranks Noerr seventh for deals announced in 2015.
“Our M&A business was once again driven by cross-border transactions – often in collaboration with our offices in London and Central and Eastern Europe – as well as by advising companies from highly regulated industries such as the energy sector,” stressed Dr. Alexander Hirsch, Co-Head of Noerr’s Corporate/Mergers & Acquisitions practice group. “There has also been a clear increase in the transaction advice we provide to private equity investors. In this industry sector we have been able to further strengthen our position as one of the preferred M&A advisors in the German market,” added Co-Head Dr. Florian Becker.
“In 2015 we have continued to grow our M&A business both in Romania and in CEE, by taking advantage of the synergies existent between the countries in the region, and we are proud that through our efforts we also contributed to the consolidation of Noerr’s position on the German M&A market,” declared Mihai Macelaru, Associated Partner of Noerr in Romania.
Noerr’s high-profile deals in 2015 included:
- Advising the shareholders of audibene on the sale to the EQT portfolio company Sivantos;
- Advising the Apollo joint venture Alteri on the acquisition of the mail order group Walz;
- Advising BBC Worldwide on a joint venture with All3Media Deutschland;
- Advising the private equity investor BC Partners on the sale of the largest German medical laboratory operator Synlab to Cinven;
- Advising the U.S. group Diebold on the takeover of Wincor Nixdorf;
- Advising the Finnish group Elektrobit on the sale of its automotive division to Continental;
- Advising Deutsche Telekom on the sale of T-Systems DDM to Regiocom and the takeover of 7,700 mobile towers from Telefónica;
- Advising the Johnson & Johnson company Janssen Pharmaceuticals on the sale of its U.S. Nucynta activities to Depomed;
- advising the group Oddo on the takeover of Meriten Investment Management;
- advising Volkswagen Financial Services on the acquisition of sunhill technologies;
- advising Vonovia on the takeover of SÜDEWO for EUR 1.9 billion.
For more details enter www.noerr.com.
Noerr is one of the top European law firms with more than 500 professionals in Germany, Europe and the USA. The firm delivers real value to clients by devising and handling the right solutions to complex and sophisticated legal matters. The Noerr difference is its unique combination of legal excellence, creative thinking, international experience and in-depth industry knowledge. Together with its tax advisors, auditors and management consultants, the firm also develops sustainable solutions for finance and management.